UniServ Directors are MSEA field staff that are assigned to local offices.
The FCTA office has two UniServ staff that are here to assist you with any questions you may have about your rights and responsibilities as an educator. Each FCPS building is assigned one of these Uniserv Directors to help the staff at that school. Click Here to find out which UniServ is assigned to your school.
Some examples of issues you may consult your UniServ Director about include:
- If you are threatened with any disciplinary action, termination or suspension
- If you have received an unsatisfactory evaluation or observation
- Conflicts with other staff or your building administrator
- Workers Compensation claims
- (In)voluntary transfers and Reduction-in-Force
- Concerns about health and safety or your school environment
- Lawsuits including ‘failure to educate’ and negligence.
UniServ Directors don’t only help with legal issues. They also help strengthen FCTA by working with various committees such Public Relations, Government Relations and Leadership Development.
FCTA is only as strong as our membership involvement and UniServ directors are often out in buildings talking with members. If you would like your UniServ director to visit your building please contact the FCTA office at 301 662 9077.