FCTA exists to
- Promote professional practices and status of the highest quality in the teaching community
- Enable members to speak with a common voice in matters pertaining to the teaching profession and to present their individual and common interests before the Board of Education and other legal authorities
- Provide employee representation as required by law and in accordance with policies established by the Board of Directors
- Develop, promote and adopt ethical practices, personnel policies, and standards of preparation and participation which exemplify a profession
- Encourage teachers to exercise their rights and responsibilities as citizens and an members of professional organizations
- Work for the welfare of school children, the advancement of education and the improvement of instructional opportunities for all
- Hold property and funds and to employ a staff for the attainment of these purposes.
All of us are here to help you.